Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mustache Applique

Posted by Unknown at 12:24 PM
If you don't already know, mustache is the new black. But in my quest for all things of the upper lip hair variety (at least in the form of crochet), I never really found an applique that I actually liked. So I did what should have been obvious from the get-go and made my own.







Can be used with any yarn. I think that's a worsted weight I used. I don't pay attention.
Here's the pattern for the large 'stache:
(ss= slip stitch)
- ch11
- sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 4 chs, ss1, hdc 2, dc 1, 6 tr in last ch wrapping around to underside of ch
- dc 1 in next ch, hdc 1, 2 hdc, hdc 1, sc 2, ss1
- Cut yarn and do the invisible FO
Make two, flip one around and sew the fat parts together at the edges.

And for the smaller 'stache:
- ch7
- sc in 2nd ch and next 2 chs, ss 1, hdc 1, 5 dc in last ch wrapping around to the underside of ch
- hdc next ch, 2 sc, ss 1
- Do the invisible FO
Make two, flip one around and sew fat parts together at the edges.

Place on whatever you feel like. I stuck one on a mug cozy I made for my husband.

Do whatever you want with the end result, just don't redistribute the pattern as your own.

1 comments:

Karenay on September 29, 2020 at 10:14 AM said...

My husband asked for a face mask with a "foo-man-chu" moustache. This will work perfectly if I attach it upside down! THANKS!!

Post a Comment

 

proCRAFTStination Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos